Some of you may already know that little website called BlogTV, that for a few weeks now has made it into the YouTube world and drawn some of us into its vicious circle..
For the ones that do not know the website, I shall describe it a little bit for your reading pleasure.
BlogTV is a website that closes the gap between our beloved Stickam and our dearest YouTube. It's like an interactive video / chatroom thingie, only that those videos / chatrooms are called "Shows", and that there isn't really a bigger concept behind it, other than almost complete freedom for the hosts to do whatever it is they want to do. (Of course there are restrictions, like nudity and whatnot, but who really cares, right?)
So you have one person who hosts the show, possibly a cohost (that works, too) and then a whole bunch of usernames, getting their freak on in the attached chatroom. I think that's about all there is to know about the basics of BlogTV.
And because I like to share more of my wisdom, here is something like a 5 part PSA about the dangers of said website. Enjoy. And then run away.
1. Don't go there if you ever wanna do something productive ever again (I used the word "ever" twice, to emphasize the importance of this statement). The temptation to switch from one show to the next is big, and staying in one room for hours and hours is even bigger.
2. You automatically become a pervert over at this website. I don't know why or how the transformation works, but trust me people, it does happen. A lot. And all of a sudden you find yourself in a room, pretty much publicly cybering with the host. You ask "What the hell?" - I can't give you an answer. I have no idea what happens there, but like I said: It just happens. Be prepared. Now you'll think: "But I'm not like that!! That would never happen to me!!" Oh trust me, it does. I'm not that much of a pervert normally, but BlogTV is a whole different reality, really.
3. Forget sleep, forget food, forget your normal everyday activities. You will not be able to do any of this if you get drawn into the BlogTV hell. Not that I don't enjoy it, but I'm sure drug addicts enjoy their daily dose as well. And we all know how healthy THAT is.
4. Be ready to lose braincells. Like in the world of drug addiction, BlogTV manages to take away some of your motor functions, such as being able to type correctly, as well as your general spelling or grammar skillz (assuming you ever had any) and makes you dream about weird things like chat windows and conversations that may have happened, although when you wake up, it's hard to decide if they did or if you only thought they did.
5. I hope the previous points have been convincing enough to make you not want to go to that website of doom, but just in case you decide to go nevertheless, don't feel too sad about getting kicked out of a room by one of the mods. Now I really can't think of people who would be that cruel and kick normal users or guests just for the fun of it.. but I've heard things like that happen every now and then.. although I'd never do such a thing. Really. Promise. Or something like that.
So I hope this blog post has taught you enough about BlogTV to make you realize it would be best to never ever ever ever go there. Or even sign up for it. DON'T DO IT!
But just in case you do, add me!! And don't say I didn't warn you.