Thursday, February 21, 2008

Fucking up the journal.

Sooooooooo I'm pretty sure by now, everyone and their brother have heard about this cheekychen video about how YouTube should have its own category for Art, right? Right.
So tonight, since the whole sleeping thing didn't work out for me at all, I decided to finally make my response (which I had planned since I watched his video the first time) and well... filming took maybe 10 minutes, preparing everything about 15, and editing was like.. 2 hours. For a one minute video. Holy crap. iMovie HD really gave me a hard time today. Maybe it was also affected by the full moon? We'll never know. Aaaaaanyways.
What I had in mind was doing something in reverse... so the whole "Make Art" slogan was only visible at the end. And what did smart ol' me use as canvas? My art journal. What better place to make it than that, right?
And then, while I was in the middle of filming, I had the brilliant idea that it would be nice to start the video with me, opening a book. So of course I had to close the book at the end of the filming part. And now look what a pretty pretty mess I made by doing that: Yeah I know. If that's not art, then I don't know what is LOL
Looks like a lung.. of a chain smoker. Or one of those Rohrschach thingies.
Tell me what you see in the picture and I tell you about the deepest secrets of your psyche.

7 comments:

  1. I see a woman being attacked by a bunny.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen real lungs of a chain smoker and they didn't look that bad...

    Nice idea though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. the right side looks like a logo for the olympic games and the left is an extreme close-up of a kiwi eyelash :)

    thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  4. On the left side, I see the ocean at night, reflecting the one-quarter moon (distorted through the rather strong waves).

    On the right side, I see a human beeing with a red cape (Rotkäppchen?) sitting in a windy cabin (you can see all the holes in the wall), on two stairs that are there on the floor. On her left side she has placed a huge stick. Probably to defend herself against the wolve if he shows up. Or maybe just for her granny as firewood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it turned out wonderful. all your hard work paid off, in my opinion
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see a yellow leaf floating on water.. and then on the other side.. there is a frog hiding..

    Crack THAT code..
    BAM!

    ....yeah, I dunno..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heh as I was watching your Movie it occurred to me that you didn't give it any time to dry, so that it was probably gonna mess up your book lol.

    I see a gold ribbon flying loose on the Night air.

    On the right I see it as a shadow on the wall of people putting on a puppet show.

    >>;;; what does that tell you?

    ReplyDelete